I’ve been encouraging everyone around me to think differently this year about Christmas gift giving. I can definitely feel a swell of consciousness around the sheer volume of waste created this time of year and the desire to do things differently.
There is no denying its super easy to get caught up in the frenzy of buying…. every shop is sensory overload with visual gift displays, food smells, etc. But please before you add one more ‘gift’ to your basket, (more plastic, paper & food to landfill) … ask yourself
‘Is this item needed/wanted/will it get used, or am I just buying because I feel I have to?’
Wouldn’t it be better to give your family and loved ones, something they can actually use?
Give the gift of a voucher, there is one for everyone, here are some thought starters:
- Almost everyone gets their hair cut. How about gift certificates from your local hairdresser or barber?
- Who doesn’t love being pampered – massage or pedicure or beard trim?
- A night out: Buy a voucher to a local owner-run restaurant.
- What about supporting your favourite café by buying some vouchers to breakfast?
- Yoga – I’d highly recommend Amber Tree Yoga at Graceville. The studio is set amongst the trees in Graceville, Brisbane, it’s a peaceful sanctuary away from the sometimes hectic pace of life. Amber Tree is a space to share your love of yoga with friendly instructors who have a passion for giving back to the community. https://ambertreeyoga.com.au/
last but certainly not least….
The ULTIMATE voucher: the gift of guidance, wisdom and balance.
A visit to me of course (yes a shameless plug!)
You can order your Gift Vouchers by emailing: email@example.com
Remember, this isn’t about big National chains — this is about supporting local small business.